But for anyone with an online business who wants their presence made online, Google+ has actually become a necessity for online marketing.
So, if you are running a new business and are overlooking your Google+ account, it’s probably because you assume that little to no value can come of it. But that’s the furthest from the truth; Google+ can make a big difference in your overall Google rankings, as well how you engage your target customers.
1) Creating a business page can improve your search appearance:Have you ever looked up a business you were curious in, and saw the large rich snippet image appearing to the right of the screen? This is all tied to how Google finds your business, which can be easily modified when you create a Places for Businesses page.
Google will favor your business when you have a well-established Google+ page (alongside a Places page)— allowing more accurate search results when people search for your business.
In Google’s eyes, trusted businesses will have their image icon appear within search results; making a good impression on anyone searching for you.
Give your target market the chance to read reviews of your business, and learn more about your products and services.
2) The +1 Button:Ah yes, the mysterious “+1” button from Google. Believe it or not, it’s actually more straightforward than you think. Users clicking the +1 button, indirectly impact your business.
It’s doesn’t affect direct SEO; instead, it shows how users are likely to interact. Users are more likely to trust businesses who interact on Google+, and have a +1 business or product.
Having user-relevant content on Google+ will improve a business’ SEO rankings; attracting more clicks and +1 shares.
3) Google+ profiles are treated like regular sites:According to a recent article in Social Media Today, Google doesn’t give special treatment to Google+ profiles; they are ranked with the same factors of any other website.
Individual Google+ pages even have their own PageRank. Providing some extra care to your Google+ profile (including your own interaction, links, as well as user interaction), could mean better rankings for your sites.
Find a way how to monitor employees Google+ interactions; evaluate your findings and plan a strategy to make the most of it.
4) Google Hangouts are more effective than you think:Plenty of us have used live stream services for meetings and such through Skype and GoToMeeting. These help drive internal matters of your business, but have you thought about what you can do with Google+ Hangouts?
One of the most significant aspects of Hangouts is how you can live stream your sessions with the public, even if they aren’t involved with the Hangout. Take the opportunity to conduct a live interview, webinar — anything you want on camera for your target customers to view and understand.
Nothing beats letting your audience see the faces behind your project. The live streams can be viewed by an unlimited amount of people; so it’s a great tool.
5) Google+ has more users than you think:Everyone likes to thumb their nose at Google+, believing “no one is on it”; but guess again. This past June, Google+ had more than half a billion active users, with numbers steadily growing.
If you’re looking to reach out to an audience beyond just Facebook and Twitter, it’s time to put Google+ in full gear.
Author Bio:Andrea Fisher is a published journalist as well as a content writer for ADT Home Security. She has an English degree and political science minor from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.